In the last post, I shared a recipe for making a chutney out of Dodda Patre leaves. Here is another recipe to make Dodda Patre chutney.
15-20 Dodda Patre leaves washed, pat dried and chopped
1 tbsp Urad Dal
1 tsp Sesame seeds
½ cup grated Coconut
8-10 corns of Pepper
½ tsp Tamarind juice
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
For the seasoning (optional)
1 tsp oil; 1/4 tsp mustard seeds; 1 red chili
- Heat oil. Fry the chopped Dodda Patre leaves till it changes color.
- Dry roast the urad dal till it turns slightly brown. Set it aside. Repeat this with the Sesame and Pepper corns, one after the other and set aside.
- Dry roast the coconut for a minute.
- Grind the fried leaves, the roasted ingredients with the tamarind and salt to a coarse paste with very little water.
- Heat oil. Add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add the red chili. Add the ground paste and mix well.
Serve with rice, dosa or chapathi. This chutney also serves as a good spread for sandwiches.