½ cup White Chick Peas or Kabuli Chana (soaked overnight)
1 Tomato, cut into 4 pieces
1 Onion, cut into 4 pieces
1 tsp Melon seeds
½” piece Cinnamon
½ tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
½ tsp Garam Masala
½ tsp Red Chili Powder
½ tsp Coriander Powder
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Kasuri Methi
1 tsp fresh cream
- Pressure cook the soaked chana in two cups of water till done. It may require 5-6 whistles. Set it aside.
- Cook the onion, tomato, cashewnuts and melon seeds for 5 minutes and grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat oil. Add the cardamom, cloves and cinnamon. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Next, add the paste made in step 2. To that, add the garam masala, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Fry this mixture for a few minutes.
- Add the boiled chana and mix well. Add salt to taste. Let this mixture boil well. Once it is done, add the Kasuri methi and the fresh cream. The Chickpeas Curry is ready to serve.