Sweet Pumpkin Curry is yet another favorite at our breakfast table. The sweet Pumpkin is packed with nutrition and this simple recipe makes eating it a treat! Here is the recipe.
1 kg Pumpkin (Use a tender Pumpkin with green skin)
½ tsp. Turmeric powder
1 tsp. Coriander powder
1” piece jaggery
Salt to taste
Grind to a fine paste:
¼ cup freshly grated Coconut; 2 green chilies slit
For the tempering:
2 tbsp. oil
¼ tsp. Mustard seeds
1 dried Red Chili
4 cloves of Garlic, crushed
5-8 curry leaves
- Wash and cut the Pumpkin, with its skin, into two. Scoop out the seeds. Slice the two halves into wedges and cut into 1” pieces as shown.
- Place the Pumpkin pieces in a pan with just enough water to cover it. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Cook on a slow fire till tender. Take care that the pumpkin does not reduce to a pulp.
- Add the ground coconut and chili paste and stir well. Let this boil for a few minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat oil for tempering.
- When hot, put in the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Next, add the red chili and garlic.
- When the garlic becomes slight brown, add the curry leaves. Turn off the heat.
- Add this seasoning to the Pumpkin curry and stir well.
Serve hot with Akki Votti or Dosa.